Sunday 9 May 2010

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me...


1. I was born with a cleft palate and went through correcting surgery at the age of 20 months. I had my arms in cast so I wouldn't put my fingers in my mouth... A lot of people think that having a cleft palate means you're born with a cleft lip as well. It's not.


2. Almost lost my daddy before I met him. He was runned over by a truck when I was still in my mummy's belly. I'm so thankful to have him in my life and hate to think about how life could be different.

Photo by Winnie Au
3. I have wanted to have a french bulldog for as long as I can remember. Last plan was to wait 'til graduation but that happened a year and half ago. New plan is to wait 'til I get a bigger flat. Fingers crossed 2010 will be the year.


4. Had an obsession with the movie Grease for  a couple of years in primary school. I must have seen that movie 500 times. Don't get me wrong, it's a great movie, love it still, but when other girls probably had a crush on John Travolta I was convinced I was adopted and that he and Olivia was really my birthparents. Used to wish they'd come and pick me up from school in that red 1948 Ford. This is true, no lie, I was a bit weird even then...


5. I've gotten up at 6.30 every morning for the past weeks after realizing they show reruns of the complete Felicity series on telly. I loooove Felicity, I think it's the whole me being a teenager when it first aired and I always wanted to go to New York for Art studies. It just seemed amazing, and to top it off with Keri Russell's amazing hair. Hello, any girl would kill for those locks. And don't get me started on Scott Speedman, I'm blushing like a teenager, love it.

Photo Sandra Beijer

6. I sleep with the light on. Not very environmental but I'm ok with that. I recycle and ride my bike to even things up.

Photo Jonathan Gurvit
7. I failed Spanish class in Secondary School bad. I'm not lying when I say I sat in that class for a year and couldn't understand a word. At the end of the semster my Spanish teacher Javier told me I would fail the course and I cried like a baby. He must have felt really bad for me because when the grades where set I had a pass in Spanish. How that happened I still don't know, neither have I learned to speak Spanish...

Elton John 1975 Photo AllOverPress
8. I own over 200 dresses... Yes, it's true. I could use a walk in closet like Sir Elton. 

Photo
9. I drink about ten cups of coffee a day. And everytime I get a refill I get a new cup. Very annoying at the end of the day when I see the disaster-sink. But oh so pretty cups I have.

Photo Dan Witz
10. I want to live in a house in Brooklyn, not forever, for a year or two maybe. But my house has to have a stoop where I can drink my morning coffee and watch people walk by. Oh and a Cherry Blossom tree. That's a must must.

No comments: