Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Leo

  
My grandfather Leo passed away when I was five, and my mom lost her father being only six years older than I am today. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents as a child and have many fond memories from that time with them. One of my best, all time, favourite memory from my childhood is sitting in my gramps knee with him driving and letting me hold the weel around the parkinglot where they lived. It was springbreak and my brother and cousins was going up north to stay with my great grandmother. I was told I couldn't go and as usual cried away. Gramps comforted me that we too could go for a drive and spent the afternoon driving around with me in the parking lot. Last thing I remember about him was the day he died and the whole family moved in to my grannys small flat, we rented Puss In Boots on video. It's weird what you remember in life and what not.

No comments: