Tuesday 30 November 2010

Having a Best Friend


It was so weird, I was just in the shower and while there singing (I always sing in the shower) I started singing on a (true story) rap song me and my then best friend wrote when we were five or six. It was about her dog and I swear, I knew every single word of it and there's no way I've ever even thought about that song past the age of ten. Weird how your mind works...
So freckin hilarious and it made me think of her, I havn't seen her in probably ten years. She was a year older than I, and a couple of heads taller as you can see, ha ha. But I adored her, everything she told me I believed. If she said that when you loose your milkteeth it won't grow any new back, I believed her and cried myself to sleep for weeks. 
But she also told me I was the only one in the world who could pronounce her surname correct, even though she had a very common swedish surname that was easily pronounced. And she made her mom sow us the same outfits for every big holiday. You can see us in matching tops at the yearly crayfishparty. So fab.
I hope everyone had a friend like that when they grew up because she sure made my day when I was a kid. I have some of the best memories in life shared with her, and most of my scars has a connection to her too...

No comments: