Saturday 30 January 2010

Leek and Potato Soup

So it's finally saturday and I'm of course sick. When I'm sick all I eat is soup. And, shockingly, this is what I made for dinner this evening (I never cook).
The cook where I work makes this lovely leek and potato soup. So the other day when she was not there I sneaked in to the kitchen and peeked through her books. The recipe is rediculously easy, I bet even my cat could make it (if only he had thumbs).

Leek and Potato Soup

5 potatoes
1 leek
I litre vegetable stock
a cup of creme fraiche or cream
½ a cup of fine-cut chives (I didn't have any shives at home, rocket salad did the job just fine)
salt and white pepper




1. Boil the potatoes and chopped leek in the veg. stock for about 20-25 mins (until the potatoes are boiled to pieces)

2. Mash the leek and potatoes and add the creme fraiche or cream. 

3. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the chives on top. Bon Appetite! 

No comments: